THE POTTER FAMILY'S JOURNEY...


.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Big Strides.....in the Pool!

Those of you that know Reagan well know that she is Perfectly happy playing on the stairs at the pool. She brings her barbie dolls and teacups and loves it. When I would try and take her in the water, she would have a tight grip with her legs and arms wrapped tightly around my body. She stopped crying when we would get in the water, but the death grip was there.

Last week, Cameron spent a few days at Nanna's and Grandadddy's. He loved it! He loves them and loves having his freedom there- candy too! Nanna taught him how to text so I received lots of fun text messages. I missed my little fella!

Anyway, back to the story. We went to Spartanburg on Friday to pick him up. It was Reagan's first day to swim since her last surgery, because she had to wait 10 days. She was SO ready to swim at Nanna's. Her cousin Katie was there too. Katie became a little fish this summer, and does not use her floats anymore. I decided to try Reagan in it- I could tell she was feeling a little brave that day. She not only got in the float, but also held only one of my fingers the whole time. She loved it! I was so proud because she was so proud.

She wanted to show off her skills to Rick yesterday so we took her to our community pool. Dad taught her that she was tall enough now to stand in the shallow end and she was so excited. She was showing all the kids at the pool her "cool trick." Of course, they just looked confused, but it was so big to her.

We are so lucky that God let her stay with us. We are so blessed to watch her grow up- Cameron too! I think every parent will agree it is so bittersweet!

If we go to the pool today, I will take the camera so you all can see her Cool Trick!

2 comments:

  1. So glad she's doing well! And, yes, it is all bittersweet! Funny how the kids love to text...yeah, Cam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jovie loves the steps, too! it's definitely her favorite place.
    i'm glad reagan braved the water!
    wow--- big enough for the shallow end.
    that's crazy!

    ReplyDelete