THE POTTER FAMILY'S JOURNEY...


.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catching up....


The past two weeks have been all about soccer. This week Cameron attended soccer camp. Soccer has been on the television a lot too. We are all in to the World Cup. It has been exciting. The children love to blow their vuvuzela's (soccer horns) during the games. We are sad that USA is now out of the finals, but we will continue to watch the games. I will continue to wash his Landon Donovan jersey because he wants to wear it daily!


Cameron and Reagan- enjoying watermelon!
Well, Reagan enjoyed making the watermelon balls, but did not like the taste.


We enjoyed the beach trip too! I remember the first day on the beach while we were playing in the ocean. Reagan said- I don't see how I can leave the ocean today mom. I am having too much fun!

Father's Day weekend was fun too. I took the children to my parent's house on Friday. I got to celebrate my brother's birthday that day. Saturday, my brother and sister and their families came over to my parent's house to swim. We had a cookout and started Father's Day a little early. I have the greatest dad. He is such a kind, gentle, giving person. I am lucky to have him!
We came back Saturday evening to make our plans for Rick's Father's Day. He truly is a wonderful father to my children and loves them so much. I love that he can not get enough of them, and they love to spend time with him too. We made breakfast for him, watched soccer, played games, went swimming, and grilled his favorite-cowboys. That is what his favorite steak is called (bone-in ribeye). It was yummy! What a fun day.

Last week, Reagan got another double lung infection. She sounds a little better this week, and is feeling completely normal. She is her happy self! She is walking a little more, but the right foot is still sore from surgery. The plan for her upcoming surgery in July is to take the screw out of her ankle. We hope that this won't effect her walking but only a few days. She does miss running and being so independent. As for me, my back really hurts! It's not too bad, I would do it forever if I needed too!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you all have been having lots of fun lately! Praying for Reagan to be well soon and that the surgery in July is just a minor bump in the road. You have one tough little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUSY, busy, busy...that's what summers are made of...glad to hear she's recovering nicely from her first surgery! They are both getting so big! Love the watermelon pictures!

    ReplyDelete