THE POTTER FAMILY'S JOURNEY...


.

Friday, September 24, 2010

A season to dread- but not for HER!

I really do dread Fall and Winter. While I love the crispness that fall brings (at some point), the fun fall activities, the awesome holidays that winter has, and even the occasional snow fall, I really dread the sickness that comes. I actually feel like I just hold my breath and wait for summer to come again.

But not my children, especially Reagan for some reason. Maybe they were talking about it in school? She has been asking every day if it is fall yet. Finally, we googled it because I knew that it was coming up but it was not on my calendar. I told her that it was the first official day of Fall on Tuesday. Yesterday we picked Cameron up from school and immediately started homework. We had opened the windows in the dining room and Reagan began to scoot a heavy chair across the floor. She pushed it all the way to the window, climbed up like she was on a mission, and propped her feet up on the window sill. Cameron and I looked at each other and laughed. When we asked her what she was doing, she leaned up and said

"Mom, it's fall. I am watching the leaves fall to the ground!"

No cares, especially that there were no leaves falling (okay one or two maybe)or that it was 98 degrees.

She sat there and watched for a long while, smiling the whole time.

Maybe Fall is not so bad after all, not yet. It sure made her happy!


2 comments:

  1. How adorable! :)

    I love fall too (minus the sickness, of course). It's too bad we don't have much of a fall here! The thought of it makes me so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new family picture!!! They are both SUCH cuties!!! I am sure they talked about Fall bunches at school! ;)

    ReplyDelete